The answer could impact your bottom line.
Business owners know that protecting their physical assets is one of the most important ways to ensure financial success. If you’ve built a successful business the last thing you want to leave to chance is keeping it safe.
After all, a security system is the one thing you want to have in place, but hope you will never need.
So how do you know when it’s the right time to upgrade your security system? The professionals at GHC Security will tell you that if your security system is older than five years, then it’s time for an upgrade.
- In today’s world, technology evolves fast, and a product life cycle is a lot shorter in 2021 than it was in 1960. For a security system that has been working 24/7 to protect your business since it was installed, that constant operation can cause issues in performance.
- After five years your product warranty has likely expired. Would you drive your car without a warranty? Why would you leave your business at risk any more than you would leave your vehicle at risk?
- Sensors and Camera lenses wear out from environmental effects like dust, temperature fluctuations, and excessive moisture. These need to be replaced to ensure they are working optimally to protect your interests.
- Older technology has a higher chance of being hacked, as older systems did not account for the increase in cyber-attacks on small businesses that have been increasing. Is your security system running as a standalone or is it tied in with the entire company network? New systems have incorporated additional security measures to help prevent cyber hacking
- Smart technology or analytics has been incorporated in to the camera soft wear. New cameras are now able to detect loitering, thermal detection, Early warning auto detection, intelligent monitoring and face detection as well as better visibility in low light conditions.
For an on-site analysis and inspection of your existing security system, or to get a quote for installing a new system, please contact us at GHC Safety and Security https://www.ghcsafetyandsecurity.com/at 1-877-810-2273.